Understanding Personal Income Tax in Vietnam (PIT).
In this podcast episode we discuss about how individuals that are working, investing or living in Vietnam can assess and understand their personal income tax obligations, looking at types of taxes, thresholds, available deductions and specific provisions which they should be aware of.
Some of the covered topics are:
- tax residency and the differences between resident and non-resident provisions
- how to asses your taxable income
- dealing with service contracts and the afferent tax provisions according to the new Labour Code 2019
- what are the standard rates for PIT and how to calculate your tax
- tax deductions and non-taxable benefits
- double-tax agreements and how to enforce them