Representative office vs foreign owned company: Choosing the right market entry structure in Vietnam.
In this episode, we discuss the key differences between foreign invested companies in Vietnam and Representative Offices, highlighting benefits and risks each structure type and common practice insights for choosing your market entry model into Vietnam.
Some of the topic angles are:
- definition of the 2 entity structures and registration process
- 2016 Decrees and changes in the legal framework governing representative offices
- permitted activities for each structure and risks of non-compliane
- misconceptions about the Representative Office
- taxation and risks of Permanent Establishment
- statutory positions: Legal Representative and Chief Representative