IFRS in Vietnam – the road ahead and key actions for investors in 2023.
In this episode, I’m discussing with Matthew Lourey, Managing Partner at Acclime Vietnam about the IFRS implementation roadmap in Vietnam, key differences between the VAS and IFRS systems and practical steps for investors to action now, in order to be prepared for the 2025 compulsory switch to IFRS for the majority of businesses operating in Vietnam.
Some of the key topics covered are:
- implementation roadmap up to 2025 and beyond
- key difference between IFRS and VAS
- which businesses are required to switch to VFRS
- challenges and gaps within the transition process
- tax implications with the new accounting standard
- action steps to prepare and maintain compliance