We discuss the most common structures foreign investors use when entering Vietnam, looking at appropriate investment vehicles, relevant operating structures, responsibilities and requirements for key representatives of foreign owned businesses in Vietnam.
Some of the areas covered in the discussion are:
- Core investment models used for entering the Vietnamese market, looking at direct and indirect investments
- Main company forms in Vietnam, and how should investors choose one over another
- Key characteristics of Limited Liability Companies, and what would be the main differences between a single-member LLC and a Multiple-Member LLC
- Legal provisions for joint-stock companies
- Representative Offices in Vietnam, their operational scope and structural limitations from a commercial standpoint
- When should branches be established and in which cases do they make sense for foreign investors?