About this event
Join our signature industry event “The Advance of Fintech in Vietnam”, where our panel of experts will cover the most exciting developments within the Fintech space in Vietnam and the opportunities ahead, with key insights on digital payments, green Fintech, Fintech investment, regulatory provisions for investors and more.
Vietnam’s vibrant economy, growing middle-class, strong regulatory support and increasing smartphone penetration as well as tech-savvy population have created a fertile ground for Fintech to bloom. In addition, the rise of Fintech startups in the country signifies a shift towards a more inclusive and accessible financial ecosystem. According to State Bank of Vietnam, the number of Fintech companies in country has quadrupled in the last few years, from 39 companies at the end of 2015 to more than 200 in 2022.
Our keynote panelists will share their practical experience in an open conversation format, which will be followed by a networking session where you can interact and discuss with the organizers, panelists and attendees. Some of the key talking points will reflect:
- Vietnam’s Fintech ecosystem and prospects.
- Core categories. The dynamics of Vietnam’s Fintech market.
- Fintech and the transformation of the Vietnamese Banking Industry.
- Fintech’s role in advancing sustainable development in Vietnam.
- Foundational legal framework for Fintech in Vietnam.
- Understanding investment challenges and opportunities in the market
We have the honor to welcome in the panel discussion:
- Winnie Wong – Country Manager of Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia for Mastercard
- Sylvester Kinuthia – Executive Director, Head of Transaction Banking at Standard Chartered Vietnam
- Binh Tran – General Partner at Ascends Vietnam Ventures
- Hoang Tran – Consulting Manager at Decision Lab
- Huy Pham – Senior lecturer in Finance at RMIT University Vietnam, CFO at GreenAnt
Host: Matthew Lourey – Managing Partner at Acclime Vietnam
5:00 pm – 5:20 pm: Registration and Welcome Refreshments/networking
5:20 pm – 5:25 pm: The Sentry intro from Greg Ohan – CEO of The Sentry
5:25 pm – 5:35 pm: Hoang Tran – Consulting Manager from Decision Lab presentation
5:35 pm – 6:35 pm: Panel Discussion
6:35 pm – 6:50 pm: Q&A with guest speakers
6:50 pm – 6:55pm: Thank you
6:55 pm – 7:30 pm: Networking
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to learn from experts in the Fintech sector and gain deep knowledge about Vietnam’s Fintech landscape in 2023.
*Due to limited slots, kindly register only if your attendance is guaranteed by Monday, 11st September to secure your slot. Any cancellation must be made 72 hours prior the event, otherwise No-show fee will be charged in full. Cancellations need to be announced at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you and look forward to seeing you at the event.
Date:Sep 14, 2023
Location:The Sentry C – Sonatus Building, 15 Le Thanh Ton Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Speakers:Winnie Wong, Sylvester Kinuthia, Binh Tran, Hoang Tran, Huy Pham, Matthew Lourey