About this event
The client seminar will address the impending adoption of the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) by Vietnam in 2025, as per Decision 345/QD-BTC of the Ministry of Finance. This significant shift aims to enhance the international comparability and quality of financial information and will invariably impact the financial reporting and auditing practices of businesses under the purview of the Decision, as well as those companies intending to apply IFRS, particularly foreign investors.
The seminar will delve into the following key areas:
- Understanding the scope of the transition as per the 2025 IFRS road map outlined by the Ministry of Finance.
- Evaluating the decision to transition from VAS to IFRS, including the potential opportunities, benefits, and challenges.
- Preparing for the transition to IFRS, with a focus on the differences between VAS and IFRS.
These topics stem from common queries we have received from businesses, and our aim is to provide clarity on these matters. The seminar will offer best practices and recommendations to ensure a seamless and successful transition to IFRS.
In particular, our experts will cover the following topics:
- Road map for applying IFRS in Vietnam
- Brief introduction of VAS/IFRS structures (parallel comparison)
- Advantages/benefits of applying IFRS
- Challenges of converting Financial Reports from VAS to IFRS
- Suggestion process of converting Financial Reports from VAS to IFRS
- Notes, case studies and practice converting some important items on financial statements
- Questions & Answers
Presented language: English
Date:Nov 24, 2023
Location:Acclime Vietnam – Ho Chi Minh City Office, Level 9, Lim Tower 3, 29A Nguyen Dinh Chieu, District 1
Speakers:Vu Thi Mai and Thai Ngoc Phu