We are looking for a Senior Payroll Officer in Ho Chi Minh City. Reporting to the Head of Payroll Services, the Senior Payroll Officer role is to work on the ongoing client service needs for a portfolio of nominated clients. The Senior Payroll Officer is as part of a team responsible for meeting all aspects of clients’ relevant payroll, compliance, reporting and labour consulting needs in accordance with service agreements.
- The Senior Payroll Officer’s primary responsibility will be to ensure the client’s Salary/SMUI/PIT records and reporting are compliant with relevant standards, client requirements, and in accordance with local Vietnamese regulations, as well as complying with requirements of the firm. The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Works closely with clients, maintaining strong relationships with key decision makers.
- Supervises, assists and reviews the work of Payroll Officer and juniors for the client.
- Works with and assists the Line Manager with client responsibilities, proposals and ongoing requirements of the firm.
- Ensuring that the payroll work/transactions are properly controlled and reported accurately in accordance with the reporting deadlines and compliant with company’s policies.
- Checking, collecting and managing data of timesheets, production efficiency data to make sure having right data for calculating salary, bonus.
- Labor Law Compliance for Payroll, SMUI, PIT related party transactions and other statutory reports to ensure submissions are completed on time.
- Reviewing Labor reports, SMUI report and Personal Income Tax finalisations, liaising with tax officers, external auditors and other stakeholders.
- University graduate with a major in Human Resource (or equivalent).
- Over 3 years working experience in a professional HR practice.
- Strong technical knowledge of Vietnamese Labor Law and tax regulations, and solid exposure and understanding of government reporting.
- Strong knowledge of Payroll software is an advantage.
- Fluent in English – written competency is a must and verbal skills are highly valued (Client documents are mostly English and communication with clients is also generally in English).
- Experience to work with variety client is an advantage.
Skills & prerequisites
- Strong Teamwork: Able to work within a team, and to lead teams and individuals to achieve goals and objectives.
- Solid Interpersonal Skills: being able to influence and guide clients and colleagues across a broad range of professional and personal needs.
- Highly Motivated: self-driven, with the ability to use their own initiative, the ability to multi-task, and the ability to solve problems and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Analytical Skills: ability and experience in analysing issues, updating policy documents, checklists, templates, and procedures. Ability to look at client results and make recommendations.
- Competitive salary package
- Stable, international, professional and friendly working environment
- Opportunity to fast track the development of your career
- Attendance at training courses
- Private Health Insurance (after the completion of probation)
- Parking provided. Telephone allowance also provided.