We are looking for an Accounting Supervisor working in Ho Chi Minh City Office. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Accounting Supervisor takes care of the ongoing client service needs for a portfolio of nominated clients. The Accounting Supervisor works as part of a team responsible for meeting all aspects relevant to accounting, tax, other matters of compliance and reporting that are in accordance with service agreements.
The Accounting Supervisor’s primary responsibility will be to ensure the client’s financial records and reports are compliant with relevant standards, client’s requirements, and local Vietnamese Law. The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with clients to maintain strong relationships with key decision makers;
- Supervise, assist and review the work of seniors, accountant officers and juniors for the client;
- Assist Assistant Managers, Managers and Directors on taking the responsibility for client requirements and engagements, proposals and ongoing requirements of the firm;
- Assist Assistant Managers, Managers and Directors to provide consulting for an effective and compliant Accounting System, Tax, Human Resource/Labor;
- Manage the quality of the allocated services and report directly to Director/Manager/Assistant Manager to seek advice for any issues, if any;
- Tax Compliance for VAT, PIT, CIT, WHT, related party transactions and other statutory reports;
- Ensure all related services meet deadlines and are compliant with company’s policies;
- Reviewing accounting reports and tax finalizations, liaising with tax officers, external auditors and other stakeholders.
- University graduate with a major in Accounting (or equivalent).
- Over 5 years work experience in a professional accounting practice.
- Strong technical knowledge of Vietnamese accounting and tax regulations and other compliance matters, accounting software and solid exposure and understanding of international reporting.
- Fluent in English – written competency is a must and verbal skills are highly valued
- Holding or obtaining international or Vietnamese professional accounting qualifications: Chief Accountant Certification, CPA certificate is an advantage.
Skills & Prerequisites
- Strong Teamwork: Being flexible and able to work independently but also in a group.
- Solid Interpersonal Skills: being able to influence and guide clients and colleagues across a broad range of professional and personal needs.
- Highly Motivated: self-driven, with the ability to use their own initiative, the ability to multi-task, and the ability to solve problems and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Analytical Skills: ability and experience in analysing issues, updating policy documents, checklists, templates, and procedures. Ability to look at client results and make recommendations.
- Proactive, hardworking and responsible
- Willing to learn and to be trained
- Competitive salary package
- Stable, international, professional and friendly working environment
- Opportunity to fast track the development of your career
- Attendance at training courses
- Private Health Insurance (after the completion of probation)
- Parking provided. Telephone allowance also provided.