Welcome to the job description page of Accounting Supervisor. Let’s explore this opportunity together!
At Acclime, we seek for people who care about delivering honest, professional and quality advice to our extended business community. We value diversity, inclusion, and trust, and we search for extraordinary individuals who are excited about working in an international corporate service practice. If you are aligned with our core values and our goals to deliver the best value for our business community in Vietnam, then you are in the right place. We look forward to meeting you!
Our organizational culture is at the core of what we do. Our values define our identity, and our staff are part of the journey towards growth, development and success together with our clients and partners. We know companies with a strong culture and identity thrive the most in the long run, which is why our culture is a priority.
Now, let’s dive right into the job summary and explore the essentials of this exciting role.
Challenge yourself. Job summary.
In this exciting and challenging role, you will work in our Accounting Services Team, located in our Ho Chi Minh City office as Accounting Supervisor. The role provides an opportunity for a qualified individual with exposure to corporate accounting & tax experience in Vietnam to further develop their skills within Acclime Vietnam and support our international clients in Vietnam. The Accounting Supervisor works as part of a team responsible for meeting all aspects, relevant to accounting, tax, other matters of compliance and reporting that are in accordance with service agreements. This role also takes a key responsibility of assisting the Higher levels in managing, delegating & reviewing the daily works of Officer & Junior members.
This role will help you take your career to the next level, and we will be there with you to guide you throughout your professional growth and ensure you reach your true potential.
What you will do. A day in the life.
The Accounting Supervisor’s primary responsibility is to assist the Manager in overseeing the work of the team members and ensure optimum performance of all tasks, support with clients’ compliance requirements in accordance with best practices, international standards and the Vietnamese Law.
Sounds exciting? Let’s explore some of the key responsibilities of the position. On a given day, you will:
- Work closely with clients to maintain strong relationships with key decision makers
- Supervise, assist, and review the work of seniors, accountant officers and juniors for relevant client
- Support Assistant Managers, Managers and Directors on taking the responsibility for client requirements and engagements, proposals and ongoing requirements of the firm
- Support Assistant Managers, Managers and Directors to provide consulting for an effective and compliant Accounting System, Tax, Human Resource/Labour
- Manage the quality of the allocated services and report directly to Director/Manager/Assistant Manager to seek advice for any issues, if any
- Undertake the Tax Compliance for VAT, PIT, CIT, WHT, related party transactions and other statutory reports
- Ensure all related services meet deadlines and are compliant with company policies
- Review accounting reports and tax finalizations, liaising with tax officers, external auditors and other stakeholders
Essential requirements and skills. Your path to success.
You have learned what a day in the life would be at Acclime. Now, let’s cover what you need to be successful in your new opportunity. These are some of the qualifications and requirements which will help you succeed, alongside your acquired abilities:
- University graduate with a major in Accounting (or equivalent)
- Over 5 years work experience in a professional accounting practice.
- Strong technical knowledge of Vietnamese accounting and tax regulations and other compliance matters, accounting software and solid exposure and understanding of international reporting.
- Fluent in English – written competency is a must and verbal skills are highly valued
- Holding or obtaining international or Vietnamese professional accounting qualifications: Chief Accountant Certification, CPA certificate is an advantage
Thrive. Your tailored benefits and rewards.
At Acclime, people are a paramount element to deliver our clients excellent services. That is why we invest in the development of staff, maintain regular training both technical updates and soft skills, and produce HR favourable policies (including Employee Share Option Scheme) to attract and retain talents working for us. Every one of us is trained, equipped, motivated and working to high standards. Let’s explore your benefits and rewards:
- Competitive salary package
- 13th salary provision
- Stable, international, professional and friendly working environment; a diverse and inclusive community where you can voice out your ideas
- Proactive annual leave policy, starting with 15 days in the first year
- Full support and coaching to fast track the development of your career and realise your potential
- Participation in expert training courses, internal and external of the organisation
- Awards and recognition programs for your achievements and success
- Opportunity to join the quarterly senior meeting and other event for senior level
- Team and company celebrations and fun activities on a regular basis
- Private Health Insurance (after the completion of probation)
- Telephone allowance
Take the challenge and join our team. We are Acclime Vietnam.
Collaboration is one of the key values which enables our staff to deliver outstanding services. In our modern workspace, we enable collaboration with break-out areas and meeting rooms situated in the centre of the workplace, accessible by everyone but still private enough for practical discussions. Innovation is at the core of what we do, and innovative thinking and new technologies are what make Acclime different.
We are proud of being one of the most reputable and trustworthy names in the corporate services sector in Vietnam and have been being reliable partner of our clients in their success journey. With more than 130 staff working across 3 key cities: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Danang, Acclime Vietnam has been assisting foreign invested and locally owned companies to enter, expand, operate, and succeed in Vietnam, while maintaining the highest level of professional standards through proactive compliance, reporting assistance and advice
We are a part of the Acclime Group – an Asia-focused premier corporate services specialist with close to 1000 employees and offices in 11 jurisdictions. Our regional network of grass-roots experts is pushing the corporate services sector with bold, innovative solutions that are seamlessly delivered to the highest global standards.
Check out other available positions here.