Welcome to the job description page of the opening Accounting Officer. Let’s explore this opportunity together!
At Acclime, we seek for people who care about delivering honest, professional and quality advice to our extended business community. We value diversity, inclusion, and trust, and we search for extraordinary individuals who are excited about working in an international corporate service practice. If you are aligned with our core values and our goals to deliver the best value for our business community in Vietnam, then you are in the right place. We look forward to meeting you!
Our organizational culture is at the core of what we do. Our values define our identity, and our staff are part of the journey towards growth, development and success together with our clients and partners. We know companies with a strong culture and identity thrive the most in the long run, which is why our culture is a priority.
Now, let’s dive right into the job summary and explore the essentials of this exciting role.
Challenge yourself. Job summary.
In this exciting and challenging role, you will work in our Accounting Services Team, located in our Ho Chi Minh City as Accounting Officer. The role provides an opportunity for a qualified individual with exposure to corporate accounting & tax experience in Vietnam to further develop their skills within Acclime Vietnam and support our international clients in Vietnam. The Accounting Officer takes responsibility to meet all aspects, relevant to accounting, tax, other matters of compliance and reporting that are in accordance with service agreements with clients.
This role will help you take your career to the next level, and we will be there with you to guide you throughout your professional growth and ensure you reach your true potential.
What you will do. A day in the life.
The Accounting Officer will assist senior and junior officers whilst working as part of a team responsible for meeting all aspects of clients’ relevant accounting and other needs in accordance with the signed service agreements.
Sounds exciting? Let’s explore some of the key responsibilities of the position. On a given day, you will:
- Assist in maintaining strong relationships with key decision makers
- Ensure accuracy in the preparation and the undertaking of accounting, tax and compliance work for clients
- Ensure the procedures remain compliant with Vietnamese laws as they change or evolve
- Deal with issues that arise with clients so that future procedures limit these cases from happening again
- Assist and review the work of junior accountants for the client
- Preparation and maintenance of client calendars (compliance and management related) and control correspondence with clients and staff to meet calendar and compliant deadlines
- Liaise and correspond with clients and their staff, including advice and assistance, resolving issues and leading day-to-day client responsibilities
- Ensure internal procedures maintain compliant with Vietnamese laws as they change or evolve
- Ensure the quality of everything that is undertaken by Acclime is of the highest international standard
- Involvement with the staff training and development of internal standards so that the quality is preserved and monitored at every stage
Essential requirements and skills. Your path to success.
You have learned what a day in the life would be at Acclime. Now, let’s cover what you need to be successful in your new opportunity. These are some of the qualifications and requirements which will help you succeed, alongside your acquired abilities:
- Bachelor’ s Degree (Finance or Accounting) with 1 – 3 years of relevant working experience in similar role
- Desire to work in a Vietnamese accounting role within an international business environment
- Confident intermediate English (spoken and written)
- Confidence working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Exposure to different VAS compliant accounting software
Thrive. Your tailored benefits and rewards.
At Acclime, people are a paramount element to deliver our clients excellent services. That is why we invest in the development of staff, maintain regular training both technical updates and soft skills, and produce HR favourable policies (including Employee Share Option Scheme) to attract and retain talents working for us. Every one of us is trained, equipped, motivated and working to high standards. Let’s explore your benefits and rewards:
- Competitive salary package
- 13th salary provision
- Stable, international, professional and friendly working environment; a diverse and inclusive community where you can voice out your ideas
- Proactive annual leave policy, starting with 15 days in the first year
- Full support and coaching to fast track the development of your career and realise your potential
- Participation in training courses – both internal and external of the organisation
- Opportunity to develop your career path in professional services
- Awards and recognition programs for your achievements and success
- Team and company celebrations and fun activities on a regular basis
- Private Health Insurance (after the completion of probation)
- Telephone allowance
Take the challenge and join our team. We are Acclime Vietnam.
Collaboration is one of the key values which enables our staff to deliver outstanding services. In our modern workspace, we enable collaboration with break-out areas and meeting rooms situated in the centre of the workplace, accessible by everyone but still private enough for practical discussions. Innovation is at the core of what we do, and innovative thinking and new technologies are what make Acclime different.
We are proud of being one of the most reputable and trustworthy names in the corporate services sector in Vietnam and have been being reliable partner of our clients in their success journey. With more than 130 staff working across 3 key cities: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Danang, Acclime Vietnam has been assisting foreign invested and locally owned companies to enter, expand, operate, and succeed in Vietnam, while maintaining the highest level of professional standards through proactive compliance, reporting assistance and advice
We are a part of the Acclime Group – an Asia-focused premier corporate services specialist with close to 1000 employees and offices in 11 jurisdictions. Our regional network of grass-roots experts is pushing the corporate services sector with bold, innovative solutions that are seamlessly delivered to the highest global standards.
Are you ready to pursue your passion? Discover our team and culture on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram and join us. Send your application in English at: email@example.com.
Check out other available positions here.