Welcome to the job description page. Let’s explore this opportunity together!
At Acclime, we seek for people who care about delivering honest, professional and quality advice to our extended business community. We value diversity, inclusion, and trust, and we search for extraordinary individuals who are excited about working in an international corporate service practice. If you are aligned with our core values and our goals to deliver the best value for our business community in Vietnam, then you are in the right place. We look forward to meeting you!
Our organizational culture is at the core of what we do. Our values define our identity, and our staff are part of the journey towards growth, development and success together with our clients and partners. We know companies with a strong culture and identity thrive the most in the long run, which is why our culture is a priority.
Now, let’s dive right into the job summary and explore the essentials of this exciting role.
Challenge yourself. Job summary.
In this exciting and challenging role, you will work in our Accounting Services Team and our Valued Client, as Accounting Officer role in HCMC. The role provides an opportunity for a qualified individual with exposure to corporate accounting & tax experience in Vietnam to further develop their skills within Acclime Vietnam and support our international client in Vietnam. The Accounting Officer will work closely with the client and be part of a team responsible for meeting all aspects of clients’ relevant accounting and other needs in accordance with the signed service agreements.
This role will help you take your career to the next level, and we will be there with you to guide you throughout your professional growth and ensure you reach your true potential.
The working location of this position is at 21 Vo Truong Toan, Thao Dien Ward, Thu Duc City, HCMC.
What you will do. A day in the life.
The Accounting Officer will work under the supervision of Accounting Director and Representative from the client side to meet all the requirement aspects of clients’ relevant accounting and other needs in accordance with the signed service agreements.
Sounds exciting? Let’s explore some of the key responsibilities of the position. On a given day, you will:
- Process and record bookkeeping records into the accounting system – SAP
- Check and track the movement and balance of inventory as required
- Prepare Journal voucher entries, General Ledger listing, bank statement, and bank reconciliation
- Collect required signatures for the accounting & financial reports and finalizations;
- Collect information and issue output invoices as required & Prepare weekly payment forms
- Ensuring that the accounting work/transactions are properly controlled and reported accurately in accordance with the reporting deadlines and compliant with company’s policies
- Tax Compliance and consulting (VAT, PIT, CIT) for related party transactions and other statutory reports to ensure submissions are completed on time
- Liaise with tax officers, external auditors and other stakeholders
- Checking management reports or other reports before they are sent to Managing level for review (if any).
- Other duties within the scope of responsibility at the request of Manager and client.
Essential requirements and skills. Your path to success.
You have learned what a day in the life would be at Acclime. Now, let’s cover what you need to be successful in your new opportunity. These are some of the qualifications and requirements which will help you succeed, alongside your acquired abilities:
- University graduate with a major in Accounting (or equivalent).
- 1 – 3 years working experience in a professional accounting role with an international-focus organisation. Experienced in general accountant is a plus
- Strong technical knowledge of Vietnamese accounting and tax regulations, and solid exposure and understanding of international reporting
- Understand Vietnamese accounting software (SAP & Accnet knowledge is an advantage)
- Fluent in English – written competency is a must and verbal skills are highly valued (Client documents are mostly English and communication with clients is also generally in English)
Skills & Prerequisites
- Strong Teamwork: Being flexible and able to work independently but also in a group
- Solid Interpersonal Skills: being able to influence and guide colleagues across a broad range of professional and personal needs
- Highly Motivated: self-driven, with the ability to use their own initiative, the ability to multi-task, and the ability to solve problems and recommend appropriate solutions
- Analytical Skills: ability and experience in analysing issues, updating policy documents, checklists, templates, and procedures. Ability to look at client results and make recommendations
- Proactive, hardworking and responsible
- Able to work under high pressure
Thrive. Your tailored benefits and rewards.
At Acclime, people are a paramount element to deliver our clients excellent services. That is why we invest in the development of staff, maintain regular training both technical updates and soft skills, and produce HR favourable policies (including Employee Share Option Scheme) to attract and retain talents working for us. Every one of us is trained, equipped, motivated and working to high standards. Let’s explore your benefits and rewards:
- Competitive salary package
- 13th salary provision
- Stable, international, professional and friendly working environment; a diverse and inclusive community where you can voice out your ideas
- Proactive annual leave policy, starting with 15 days in the first year
- Full support and coaching to fast track the development of your career and realise your potential
- Participation in training courses – both internal and external of the organisation
- Opportunity to develop your career path in professional services
- Awards and recognition programs for your achievements and success
- Team and company celebrations and fun activities on a regular basis
- Private Health Insurance (after the completion of probation)
- Telephone allowance
Take the challenge and join our team. We are Acclime Vietnam.
Collaboration is one of the key values which enables our staff to deliver outstanding services. In our modern workspace, we enable collaboration with break-out areas and meeting rooms situated in the centre of the workplace, accessible by everyone but still private enough for practical discussions. Innovation is at the core of what we do, and innovative thinking and new technologies are what make Acclime different.
We are proud of being one of the most reputable and trustworthy names in the corporate services sector in Vietnam and have been being reliable partner of our clients in their success journey. With more than 130 staff working across 3 key cities: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Danang, Acclime Vietnam has been assisting foreign invested and locally owned companies to enter, expand, operate, and succeed in Vietnam, while maintaining the highest level of professional standards through proactive compliance, reporting assistance and advice
We are a part of the Acclime Group – an Asia-focused premier corporate services specialist with close to 1000 employees and offices in 11 jurisdictions. Our regional network of grass-roots experts is pushing the corporate services sector with bold, innovative solutions that are seamlessly delivered to the highest global standards.
Are you ready to pursue your passion? Discover our team and culture on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram and join us. Send your application in English at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out other available positions here.